Friday, April 06, 2007

The Farm!



Last weekend, we went to a petting farm. This is the second visit we’ve made, but the first visit Connor was unable to feed the animals himself, which left Ed carrying him around and me allowing goats to lick my hands. I announced on that visit that the next time we ventured to the farm, my hand was not going to be licked by goats. Ick!


This trip was even better. For one, Connor can feed the animals – though I helped a bit, and it didn’t gross me out as much before. Perhaps I’m becoming a mother after all. Most amazing, my little man, who typically does not like strange experiences OR experiences that involve strangers, actually got on a pony and rode it around with someone else guiding the pony and making sure he didn’t topple off. We weren’t planning to get him a ticket to ride the pony, but the friends we met there had gotten a ticket for their daughter, and while we watched others ride the pony waiting for Zoe’s turn, Connor announced “Connor pony”, which we took to meant he’d like a turn. We dutifully purchased him a ticket, though I think both Ed and I were quite certain we had just tossed the few bucks it cost down the drain. Much to our surprise, at the end of the ride when I told Connor we were all done, he told me “more” – but, there was a big line of other children waiting to ride, so I convinced him that a hug and a pat would have to do for now.

Elaine